Up: Other manuscripts
- January 5th ``Computer-assisted Discovery and Proof of
Generating Functions for Riemann's Zeta ," First Lecture, MAA
Special Session on Experimental Mathematics.
- January 30th ``Effective Laguerre Asymptotics, I" Dalhousie Analysis Seminar.
- February 4th ``The Book of Lawrence: a Serious Satire," presentation, Halifax Unitarian Universalist Assembly.
- February 5th ``AARMS: Past, Present and Future,"
Colloquium, Dept of Math and Stats, Dalhousie.
- February 8th ``The C2C Seminar and Remote Mathematical Collaboration," presentation with M. Macklem to e+Calculus Conference Lisbon,
- February 10th ``What's New, What's Possible, What's
Coming?" Dalhousie Open House, Dalhousie FCS.
- February 14th ``Effective Laguerre Asymptotics, II" Dalhousie Analysis Seminar.
- March 14th ``The Life of Pi - a Talk for Pi Day," Analysis Seminar, Dalhousie.
- March 29th ``Finding Funding in the Sciences," Interdisciplinary PhD Presentation, Dalhousie.
- March 30th ``Three Convexity Results,"
Second Annual AARMS Analysis Days, in honour of Tony Thompson,
Dalhousie, March 30-31.
- April 26th ``Setting the Stage," opening presentation to
Workshop on Math Knowledge Management: Sustainability,
Scalability, and Interoperability., Dalhousie, April 26-28, 2007.
- May 13-16
``The C2C Seminar: Five Years of Experience with the Access Grid,"
HPCS07, University of Manitoba.
- June 8 ``Some convexity results a Jon or a Thompson might
like," 65th Birthday Colloquium lecture for Jon Thompson,
(Inter-Campus Seminar Day), University of New Brunswick.
- June 12 ``Interdisciplinary research: What
works, what doesn't," Keynote address, 2007 Faculty Research Day,
Dalhousie Faculty of Management.
- July 12 ``Collaborative Technology: High Performance Mathematics and its Management," AARMS/ACENet/MITACS Summer Workshop on High Performance
Computing in the Mathematical Sciences, Acadia University,
Wolfville, NS, July 9-12.
- July 16-20 MAA Summer Seminar: Ten lectures on ``Experimental Mathematics in Action," Carleton College, Northfield, MN.
- July 27 ``Effective Computation of Bessel Functions," 8th
Bluenose Numerical Analysis Days, St Marys University, Halifax.
- August 11 Five hour Short Course on ``Experimental Mathematics with
Variational Applications," ICCOPT 2007, McMaster University.
- September 19 ``Introduction to Experimental Mathematics,"
Honours Seminar, Dalhousie Mathematics Department.
- September 26 ``Introduction to Experimental Mathematics,"
Colloquium, Okanagan Community College.
- September 27 ``Some of my Favourite Convexity Results,"
OCANA Seminar, Dept of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics, UBCO,
- September 28 ``Introduction to Experimental Mathematics:
Insight through Computation," Interdisciplinary Colloquium, IRMACS,
Simon Fraser University.
- October 23, "Interdisciplinarity: what works, what
doesn't." Colloquium, University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
- October 25, "Some of my Favourite Convexity Results," Math
Colloquium, University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
- November 15 ``Experimental Discovery and Proof of
Identities", Chaitin 60th Birthday Symposium, IBM Watson Centre,
Yorktown, New York.
- November 16 ``Introduction to Experimental Mathematics:
Insight through Computation," Applied Mathematics Colloquium,
- November 19, "Some of my Favourite Convexity Results," Applied
Nonlinear Optimization Day, CORS and Ddrive, Dalhousie.
- December 9 ``Experimental Discovery and Proof of Generating
Functions", Special session on Algorithmic Challenges in
Polynomial and Linear Algebra CMS Winter Meeting, UWO, London
- December 12 ``Math: What's New, What's Possible, What's
Coming?" Talks to Grade nine and ten students at AB Lucas Secondary
School, London, Ontario.
Up: Other manuscripts